Prizes & Rules
Amazing Give Stretch Pool
The Community Foundation Donors donated a $25,000 stretch pool fund. Each participating nonprofit receives a proportional share of the stretch funds based upon its percentage of the total dollars raised during The Amazing Give*. For example, if a nonprofit organization raises 4% (in qualifying donations) of the total Amazing Give donations, then they will receive an additional $1,000 from the incentive pool.
100 for 100
$100 prize for 100 unique donations through The Amazing Give*.
Most Unique Donors
1st Place - $1,000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
Most Dollars Raised
1st Place - $1,000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
These prizes are awarded to the nonprofit** each hour with the winning criteria:
Kick Off $1,000 – Most Unique Donors between 6:00 p.m. and 6:59:59 p.m. on May 2nd
Coffee Break $500 – Most Dollars Raised between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:59:59 a.m. on May 3rd
Small Nonprofit Power Hour $500 – Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits with budgets LESS THAN $250,000 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:59:59 a.m. on May 3rd
Large Nonprofit Power Hour $500 - Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits with budgets GREATER THAN $250,000 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:59:59 a.m. on May 3rd
Children and Family Power Hour $250 - Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits in the Children and Family Category between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 11:59:59 a.m. on May 3rd
Lunch Hour Power Hour $250- Most Unique Donors between the hours of 12:00 noon and 12:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Education Power Hour $250 - Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits in the Education Category between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 1:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Community Power Hour $250 - Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits in the Community Category between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 2:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Health Power Hour $250 - Most Dollars Raised by nonprofits in the Health Category between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 3:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Home Stretch Power Hour $250 - Most Dollars Raised between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 4:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Last Call $1,000 - Most Unique Donors between 5:00 p.m. and 5:59:59 p.m. on May 3rd
Grass Roots Nonprofit Award
$500 Awarded to the Nonprofit with the Most Dollars Raised through Individual Fundraisers.
Early Bird – Secured Pledges
A $500 Awarded to the Nonprofit with the Most Unique Donors who make secured pledges before May 2nd at 5:59 p.m.
The Wagmore Foundation - Animal Services Match
The Wagmore Foundation has donated $50,000 to match qualified donations made to the 4 Animal Services Organizations participating in the Amazing Give: Alachua County Humane Society, Gainesville Pet Rescue, Helping Hands Pet Rescue, and Operation Catnip.
If the combined total funds raised by the 4 organizations exceed the $50,000 cap, the participating Animal Services organizations will receive a proportional share of the funds based upon their percentage of the combined total dollars raised between the 4 Animal Services organizations during The Amazing Give. For example, if an Animal Service organization raises 10% (in qualifying donations) Amazing Give donations, then they will receive an additional $5,000 from the match pool.
* Only donations made through www.TheAmazingGive.org will count toward the prize pool.
** No Nonprofit may win more than ONE Power Hour Prize.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
The deadline to apply for the Amazing Give is March 18, 2016. No exceptions.
Participating organizations should read the following rules carefully. These rules as well as additional requirements and certifications are required to be reviewed and accepted with electronic signature during the online application process:
Eligibility requirements for applicant organizations:
- Registered with the United States Department of the Treasury and recognized as a 501(c)(3) entity or the equivalent by the United States Internal Revenue Service. The Foundation will verify this status and that you are in current good standing using Guidestar.
- Provides services to Alachua, Bradford, Gilchrist, Clay, Levy, Columbia, Marion, Putnam, Suwannee, and Union counties.
- Has a current State of Florida Division of Corporations registration
- Has a current registration with the Florida Department of Revenue, Registration and Subjectivity Section, and current state tax exempt number.
- Has a current registration with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, Division of Consumer Services and has an active Solicitation of Contributions number.
- Prepares and submits to the IRS a complete copy of the organization’s IRS Form 990 annually. The Community Foundation will verify this information on Guidestar.
- Has an active and responsible governing body, whose members have no material conflict of interest and a majority of whom serve without compensation, directs the organization.
- Agrees to be a participant in the Amazing Give and abides by the guidelines of the program.
- The Amazing Give is an online only fundraising program. In order for donations to be counted for the program, donations MUST be made by credit card through the TheAmazingGive.org website. Donations made or committed by any other method will not be counted for purposes of the prize pool. Donors also have the choice to make their donations in the weeks before The Amazing Give as a Secured Pledge. Click here to learn more about Secured Pledges.
- There is a registration fee payable to the Community Foundation of North Central Florida for nonprofits* to participate in The Amazing Give. *The registration fee is $100.00 for those nonprofits who are not members of the Center for Nonprofit Excellence or a Fund Holder at the Community Foundation of North Central Florida. If you are unsure of your status, please contact the Community Foundation. Nonprofits participating in The Amazing Give 2016 will be eligible to win a $100 prize back from the Community Foundation of North Central Florida once they reach 100 unique donations through TheAmazingGive.org.
- As with any credit card transaction, there are the typical transaction fees assessed by the credit card companies as well as technology and processing costs to execute the event. Participating nonprofits will receive all monies that have been donor designated to their organization less a transaction fee of 6.9% plus 30¢ charged by Razoo, and a 4% event management fee to cover all related event expenses incurred by The Community Foundation of North Central Florida. Donors will have the option at checkout to cover their fees so that 100% of their donation will be received by the charity of their choice. Donors will receive a tax deduction on the full donation amount. The total gifts to your organization before fees will be used as the basis for determining prizes.
- The Participant should promote the event to its donors through methods of its choosing and may take advantage of the Foundation’s promotional and marketing materials that are made available. Any paid promotional methods utilized by the Participant are solely at Participant's discretion and expense.
- The Foundation will, in its discretion, promote the Amazing Give through its media partners and various websites and provide social media marketing kits and training to Participants. Participants will be entitled to an organization donation page and link to the page for use on event day. The Participant is responsible for providing description and organizational logo for use on personal donation page.
- The Foundation will provide the Participant a live link to donor lists that includes contact and amount information for their specific donors. The link will be live commensurate with the start of the Amazing Give and will be available for download to a CSV file post event.
- Donations are made by individual donors to the Razoo Foundation. As such, the Razoo Foundation generates all donation acknowledgements for tax purposes electronically via email, immediately upon donation. Individual donor credit card statements will show a donation to the “RazooDonations.org.” Donor information is never given or sold to a third party. Participating organizations may choose to follow up with an informal thank you correspondence, but this correspondence should not contain the amount of the gift or any tax language.
- Participating organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A “donor” is defined as an individual or corporation/business.
- The minimum gift per donor is $10. There is no limit on maximum gift amount.
- Organizations have two disbursement options to choose from. The first option, check disbursement, is the Razoo default. Disbursements through checks are made on the 10th of each month and include all donations received during the previous month (e.g. all donations received in May are disbursed on June 10th). At any time, organizations have the option to opt into EFT payment by completing a simple form on the Razoo website. EFT disbursements are made bi-monthly on the following schedule:
- 25th of the month, for donations made from the 1st through the 15th of that month.
- 10th of the month, for donations made from the 16th of the prior month through the last day of the prior month.
The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from participating in the event and/or receiving prize dollars at any time before, during, or after the event, if, in its sole discretion, it believes that there has been a breach of these rules and/ or deception on the part of the Participant. The Foundation makes no warranties or representations as to the success of The Amazing Give program or any individual participant and in no way, directly or indirectly, guarantees any results or the amount of donations.